BACHELOR OF ART IN THEOLOGY
Applicants possessing a high school diploma, or its equivalent meets the basic academic requirement for admission to the program. See the section on admissions criteria, earlier in this catalog, for additional requirements. Also, the following generally apply:
- Recommended to be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school Diploma or its equivalent. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated and approved prior to applying to the program.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or “C” average overall.
- Functional ability to read and write English or Korean at the college level.
- Prospective student must complete an admission application for MTSA.
- Although not required, at least one letter of recommendation from someone who would endorse that the applicant possesses the necessary intellectual ability and mental attitude sufficient to complete the required courses within the required time frame will be helpful in evaluating the application.
- The credentials of students educated in other countries will be evaluated individually. The official third party (transcript verification) verification will be made. Applicants may be required to present English translations of foreign language credentials.
Purpose and the Program Objectives
The Bachelor of Art in Theology program offers students an opportunity to explore, academically and critically, the scriptural basis of traditional Christian faith and practice. This program emphasizes systematic, comprehensive, and critical study of the Christian Scriptures and of major Christian theological doctrines, spiritual disciplines, and ministry practices. Special emphasis is placed upon the historical context and development of the Biblical scriptures of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
Program Learning Objectives of Bachelor of Art in Theology (BA in Theology)
Upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of the Scripture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of Christian Doctrine and theology
- To equip students to pursue a career in pastoral ministry
- To fulfill the prerequisite for the MA in Theology. program.
- To gain knowledge and skills to become faithful stewards for churches, communities, and missions.
Students receive the Bachelor of Art in Theology degree when they fulfill the following program requirements and finish 123 semester units:
o General Education (36 units)
o Major Requirements (60 units)
o KMC Required Courses Study (18 units)
o Student Ministry Formation (3 units)
o Electives (6 units)