HAU is an institution affiliated with the Korean Methodist Church with the mission to teach emerging ministers in Christian community.
HAU offers B.A., M.A., M.Div., and D.Min. programs. Students who are interested in applying to HAU must satisfy the requirements set by the admission’s office.
Students who graduate from the M.A. or M.Div. programs will be eligible to initiate the ordination process in the Korean Methodist Church.
HAU offers scholarships to eligible students. These scholarships are funded by the Korean Methodist Church and individual donors.
The vision of Henry Appenzeller University is to prepare emerging leaders in the Christian community to transform the world. The fulfillment of this vision inspires, orients, and defines the work of this school.
The mission of Henry Appenzeller University is to educate students to be competent and dedicated Methodist leaders who will serve the Korean Churches and advance the cause of Christ around the world.
As a result of their studies, all students will:
- Exhibit a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be able to articulate the importance of Wesleyan distinctives such as prevenient, justifying and sanctifying grace
Learn and Learn to Learn
- Demonstrate a foundation of Academic Knowledge and Research skills
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of the Bible
Prepare to Serve (as ministers or active church members)
- Gain a variety of ministry experiences and skills
- Demonstrate stewardship of their theological training by serving churches and other ministries
- Demonstrate commitment to being witnesses to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth